Sunday, November 3, 2013

November's Hopes and Dreams

November, what a bittersweet month you are.

Some tough days for me to get through in the later part of the month. With some hope and luck, I may busy myself to keep the depression down to a minimum. Though it's been quite a few years, my brother's passing always gets me down during this month. He was definitely one of my best friends and probably the only person to really get how I feel some days when the pain and illness gets to be too much.

In order to keep myself moving forward, I have given myself several tasks to complete this month. At the very top of the list is finishing up the community project for the year. The Brown-Brooks Project was able to make 63 hats and scarves to give to the children of the local behavioral center. I'm so very proud of everyone for reaching the minimum goal. Every child will receive a set this year. Delivery is going to be in a week or so. Can't wait!

NaNoWriMo is another great distraction for me. I just wish this blog post counted! I'm trying my best to get as many words in as I can during my free moments. With the reading and reviewing, craft projects to finish, and a surprise visitor, it's been a little challenging but still doable. Not too sure where the story's going right now, but the beauty of NaNoWriMo is just letting the story flow from your fingertips and revising later. Let's hope there's something salvageable when the month is over!

There's still a ton of books on my TBR list. I can't help but add to it nearly every day because I find a different one, or ten, that sounds like it's up my alley. Is there really enough time in the world to read everything? Sitting and reading for 16 hours a day would probably never be enough. Ah, well. Can't find out whether something works or not without trying, can you? So, that's what I'm going to do!

Until next time,
Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment