Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Currently Reading

With the community project all but delivered, I was able to spend a lot more time reading through the TBR pile this past week. All the hats and scarves will be given out over the weekend to the boys and girls at the local behavioral center. Since we've had a small dusting of snow already in our area, I know they'll need the warmth sooner rather than later!


NaNoWriMo is proving to be a lot harder this year. The story flowed from my fingers last November. I honestly think my muse is having more difficult time overcoming some of the darker moments of the month this year. I did try to use some of the memories as fuel but wound up more blocked than before I started. Back to the drawing board!


Occupying the top of my reading list this week;
The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 1: The Death of Innocents (Children of Sophista #1) by Rusty Biesele
The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 2: The Rebirth of Innocents (Children of Sophista #2) by Rusty Biesele
Musings of a 20-Something Mom, and the Perils of being a Mommy Blogger by Jenny Schoberl
The Art of Falling by Kathryn Craft


Crossed the following off that list;
Night Film by Marisha Pessl
Mama Rose's Turn: The True Story of America's Notorious Stage Mother by Carolyn Quinn
Carnival Life - Memories & Experiences of a Carnie by Thelma W. Wright
Writers Between the Covers: The Scandalous Romantic Lives of Legendary Literary Casanovas, Coquettes, and Cads by Joni Rendon, Shannon McKenna Schmidt
Lesser Creatures by Peter Giglio


With the upcoming holidays, I'm hopeful to squeeze in more reading and writing. We'll have to see what the end of December holds in the way of conquered books. In my fantasy world, I have the ability to sit back and do nothing but read. Not so much in the real world. I say, we remain hopeful.

Until next time,
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment