Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Currently Reading

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving for those of us living in the US. It's a day to gather our families together and be thankful for the good things we've had over the last year. For many with broken families due to a number of reasons, it's one of the hardest times of the year to get through. This is true of both my family and my husband’s family. It’s hard to get through these holidays without thinking of those gone from us, willingly or not.

With all the emotional ups and downs of the past week, I was still able to get a few books crossed off the TBR pile. Fortunately I haven't added to the pile either. So for me, that's a positive. I have a lot of books to get through but so many keep coming out that it's a cycle with no end. Can't say I don't love it. I do. The only downfall to all of this was my failure to finish NaNoWriMo this year. Last year was so easy. The story just slid out through my fingers. This year it seems I had more than one wanting equal time and neither progressed enough to count. Not even combining them reached the end goal.


On the short list this week are:
The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 1: The Death of Innocents (Children of Sophista #1) by Rusty Biesele
The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 2: The Rebirth of Innocents (Children of Sophista #2) by Rusty Biesele
Elfhunter (Tales of Alterra, The World That Is #1) by C.S. Marks
In Broad Daylight by Seth Harwood


I've finished the following:
Dying for Murder: A Cordi O'Callaghan Mystery by Suzanne F. Kingsmill
Poe by J. Lincoln Fenn


I wish everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving. Even if you don't celebrate the day for whatever reason, I hope that you're able to have a great day nonetheless. Be safe, warm and enjoy the good things. It's what gets me through.

Until next time,
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment