Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Currently Reading

I'm so glad to report that progress has been made on a number of items on my to-do list. First and foremost, all the hats and scarves for the Brown-Brooks Project have been delivered. They were given to the Behavioral Center representative on Monday afternoon. Seeings how they have a full house and the weather's about to turn below freezing, the items are most definitely needed. It makes my heart happy to know the children will have something good and warm to last for a while. Well done, BBP'ers!

My poor fingers are readjusting to their previous routine that included a lot less crocheting. I have been able to work my way through enough books to accomplish my reading goal for the year. 100 books! I can't believe that I've actually made it. This has been my goal for a while now. To finally hit it feels so awesome! Since there are still a few weeks to go in the year, I've set another short goal of 5 more to make the total 105 for the year. With everything on my plate and TBR piles, I'm sure it won't take long!


These are the books I'm working through this week;
The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 1: The Death of Innocents (Children of Sophista #1) by Rusty Biesele
The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 2: The Rebirth of Innocents (Children of Sophista #2) by Rusty Biesele
Elfhunter (Tales of Alterra, The World That Is #1) by C.S. Marks
Dying for Murder: A Cordi O'Callaghan Mystery by Suzanne F. Kingsmill


In the past week, I've read the following;
Musings of a 20-Something Mom, and the Perils of being a Mommy Blogger by Jenny Schoberl
The Art of Falling by Kathryn Craft
What's Left Behind - Poetry Collection by Michal Mahgerefteh
Coldwater by Diana Gould


As far as my writing is concerned, I've been doing work on my NaNo project whenever I can get a couple of minutes. I've been channeling the dark feelings surrounding me as of late into some poetry to keep from going off the rails in the NaNo. Last bit of news and it's some awesome stuff! The Off the Kuf anthology: Volume 2 will be featuring my short story. It is set to be released in the next few weeks. The first volume is full of wonderful short stories and poems by a wide variety of authors. Volume 2 will be similar and it's got mine in it! I will have a direct link when it's available so please keep watching the blog!!

Keep chasing your dreams, one small step at a time. You'll get there!

Until next time,
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment