Sunday, August 16, 2015

August's Hopes and Dreams

The only hope and dream I have for this month is for peace. This entire year has been an exercise in patience and holding onto faith as one situation after another took me away from all the things I love best. Right now my family and I are in a holding pattern as we wait for the decisions of others before we can move forward on our current path or looking for another path to walk. It's not been easy for me to ease my grip on everything because I have serious anxiety when I can't control my world. I know I can't control everything, but I like to have a plan of action for the present. When everything's up in the air, it's harder to plan for surprises or all the what-if's that creep up in those early morning hours when I can't sleep.

To deal with everything that was dumped on my plate, I had to set aside everything I loved. The ever-growing TBR pile, my writing, my community projects and even the items I want to make for myself had to be put on the back burner. I tried to keep on track with my reading, but the words would blur together each time I opened the book. I'd read the same paragraph over a dozen times. My brain would not understand what I was reading. There was no way I could write a fair and honest review of the books. All of this wasn't fair to the authors who poured themselves into their work.

For the rest of this month, I intend to go through each of this books and get them filed under the "Read" column. If I can work the other things into the mix, then I will. However, books are going to take priority. The authors deserve that much at the very least. There are a number of books on my list that I'm still excited to read. Huge thanks to everyone for hanging in there with me and sending me encouragement to keep going.

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment