Sunday, December 7, 2014

December's Hopes and Dreams

I've said it time and time again. This year has gone by way too fast for my taste. Usually I have enough time to stop and savor the year. So many projects, books to be read and words to be written piled up that I never saw the pages turn on my calender. Sneaky pages, they shouldn't have been flipping by themselves!

With all the items that I had to set on the back burner recently, I was glad to find that I still had a passion for writing. No matter how silly the first draft sounds, I only have to sit down and get the words out. Then I can go back over it to polish it up before letting someone read through it. For a small part of the year, I let negativity get to me. It shut down my desire and belief that writing is what my heart wants me to do. I gave in to the dark thoughts that made me feel less than worthy of putting my thoughts on paper. Now that I have that fire once again, I'm looking forward to continuing my writing journey.

In the meantime my TBR pile grew by leaps and bounds. So many good books out there that I couldn't stop myself from collecting them in print and Kindle editions. My poor Kindle is screaming at me to get busy and read. So even though I took a break around this time last year due to the holidays, I think I need to spend some time alone with a great book or two. I am sure with the hustle and bustle of the family gatherings that I'll need a respite sooner rather than later.

I have set a goal to finish editing NaNo2012 and begin working on its sequel. I really feel that I've got a few good ideas that I hope pan out. That is, if my muse wants to help me. She is a fickle visitor at best. I'll have to make the most of her visits. I have been trying to sit in front of the computer for at least an hour a day, typing whatever comes to mind for the story I'm working on at the moment. No worry over whether it's good or bad, just get the words down. I know I mentioned that earlier. I continue to remind myself each day.

May the holiday season bring you peace, love and great memories. No matter what holiday you celebrate during the month of December, be sure to spend it with the ones you love to create memories to sustain through the rougher, darker moments.

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment