Sunday, June 2, 2013

June's hopes and dreams

I've decided to include a bit about my life, hopes and dreams here each first Sunday of the month. It's a way that you, the reader, can get to know me a little more as well as let me know how I'm doing or what you'd like to see included or taken out of the blog. So, let's kick off June, shall we?

Though reading is a great passion of mine, writing is the other side of my passion coin. I can remember writing odd short stories from the time I learned to read and write. It is only natural that I would try my hand at creating a written work when I love reading them so much. When I was in high school and asked what my long-term goal would be, the answer came without hesitation. I wanted to have written a novel by the age of 30. Unfortunately, I didn't achieve that goal until I was nearly 31 but I did get a novel completed. I have also written a lot of short stories and poetry over the years. In the past few months, another novel has been written but it still needs polishing and editing before I can do anything more with it. My goal is to have at least half of the novel revised by the end of June.

I also have quite a lot of books on my to-read shelf. Some of them are those I've won in giveaways that will definitely have a review written. The others are all the books I have acquired over the years that need pruning. I mean that I am reading my way through all the books on my shelves and keeping those that I know I will reread again and again while donating or recycling those that I only enjoy once through.

Last but not least, I am currently working with others to crochet 75 hat and scarf sets for our local children's center. It's our goal to have them completed by the end of October so that delivery can be made in the beginning of November. Once that project is completed, I believe the next one is to gather granny squares in order to create lap blankets for the residents of our local nursing homes and long-term care facilities.

Busy month, I know! I hope the month of June brings lots of good reading and plenty of sunshine your way, dear readers. Whatever your plans, enjoy them!

Happy Reading,
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment