Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Currently Reading

This last week was a busy one. I spent much of the week going to doctor appointments and finishing up some crochets projects that have been lingering around the house. Over the weekend I was able to attend a local writer's conference. Not many speakers were listed, but the information they provided was exactly what I needed to give me a push in the right directions. I love learning and hope for more opportunities to make my writing better.

Speaking of writing, I am so happy that my fire's been rekindled. I still believe that NaNo2012 has promise. Rewriting has been difficult because the story didn't flow right from the first chapter. There was something off about it. That threw the rest of the story off. When I figured out how to fix my first chapter, it involved a complete revision and throwing out the old chapter entirely. Now the story feels right to me and reads better, according to the few who have read the bits I have completed. 


Next up for reading;
The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 1: The Death of Innocents (Children of Sophista #1) by Rusty Biesele
Jackfish Reborn by Rejean Giguere
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Say You Will (Summerhill Book 1) by Kate Perry
Prince Lestat by Anne Rice
Mom on the Road: A Novel by Allyson Ochs Primack
The Bullet: A Novel by Mary Louise Kelly


Gone to greener pastures;
Shadow Ritual (Antoine Marcas #2) by Eric Giacometti, Jacques Ravenne


This week promises to be less busy, giving me more time to knock out some of that TBR list. I feel bad for the printed books lingering at the top. They've been there a little while. It's been difficult to get my hands to work with me long enough to finish them all at once. I will get them finished. I'm too stubborn to let them sit by the wayside forever. Do you ever find it hard to finish a book? Do you walk away from it or keep trying? Let me know in the comments below.

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment