Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Currently Reading

Brand new month already!! Can you even believe it? And a new season!

So excited to see the sunshine barreling through my blinds after several long weeks of grey skies and cold, cold temperatures. Though I haven't felt my best yet, there's a positive difference. I'm marking it down in the "Win" column. More of those to come, I hope.

Recently I picked up NaNo2012 again. I had begun to edit, reworking only what I'd already put down on the pages. But something didn't feel right about the story. There seemed to be something missing that put everything on the right track and would make it feel smooth as it goes from place to place. Finally the idea struck me! I knew how to fix the beginning of the story to get things rolling. That one little change had fueled the fire until other obligations forced me to set it aside. Until now. So I'm forcing myself to get back into the mode of putting words on the page. It's the only way to get the story out. I have to become disciplined once again. 



Flipping the pages in these;
The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 1: The Death of Innocents (Children of Sophista #1) by Rusty Biesele
Jackfish Reborn by Rejean Giguere
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Say You Will (Summerhill Book 1) by Kate Perry
Prince Lestat by Anne Rice
Woods Runner: Massacre at Schenectady 1690 by Rejean Giguere
What Jennifer Saw by Hal Schweig


Passing on to the next realm;
Girl in the Dark: A Memoir by Anna Lyndsey
Mr. Mercedes (Bill Hodges Trilogy #1) by Stephen King 


Some say to write for a fixed amount of time. Others say a minimum word count is more effective. I have tried both and failed each time. Which one will work? I don't know, but I have to try something if I want to reach my dream. No one's going to do the work for me. If you could achieve your dream, what would you go for?

Until next time,
Kay B

2 comments:

  1. Kay - instead of a time limit or word count, I have more success writing to a goal. So I break things down into the smallest chunks, a particular topic, an individual scene, a section of dialogue, and write just that, however long or however many words it takes.
    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, Peggy! Thanks for stopping by. I honestly hadn't thought of doing that in a long time. I used to write that way until I started skipping things that I shouldn't have. You know, meals, time with the hubby, etc. I think with today's technology, it might just be a bit easier to write the way you described and not fall into the same trap.

      Delete