Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February's Hopes and Dreams

Ah, February. Cold, but mild. Month starting with predictions made by a groundhog.

Here in this neck of the woods, we've had a very mild winter to-date as far as snowfall is concerned. It's been more rain than snow, something odd because it's almost expected to see white stuff on the ground for a large part of the winter season here. The temperatures have been cold - almost bone-chilling cold. We finally got a decent round of the white stuff over the last few days. Unfortunately, it's also meant the next round of sicky germs have stuck around to get me down again.

I've used the opportunity to make headway on NaNo2012 once again. I am grateful that I finished the rough draft, but disappointed that I haven't been able to make it presentable yet. Because it  it wasn't making much sense at the time, I put the manuscript in a drawer and let it rest. Then a few weeks ago, my muse decided to Gibbs smack me with the right beginning to the story. It's taken off in nearly the same direction as the rough draft but seems tighter, more well-rounded. A few wonderfully honest readers have given me some good feedback with some things to work on, so I'm working my way through those bit by bit.

The only other big projects on my plate are finishing up some hooded scarves for the local nursing home residents for this year and some large scale gifts that I haven't been able to finish. I'm still not very well versed in the skill of time management. I tend to get lost within whatever it is that I'm doing. That sends me into overtime which puts me behind with everything else. The weather and pain levels determine which of the projects get priority. Ah, the life of the chronically ill. Blech!

On a positive note, I've got some wonderful books lined up for this year. Both Kindle and in print versions are going to be explored. I've got to achieve my original goal of reading through my bookshelves so that I can weed out the one-night stand books from the long-term lover books. A grueling process to be sure, but I'm up for the challenge.

Hope this month is one of accomplishment for you all, no matter what you're working on. Be safe in all you do.

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment