Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Currently Reading

The bitter cold of winter has returned to my neck of the woods. It's a great thing that I've got plenty of books, hot cocoa and crocheting to keep me warm and occupied. So far this year has brought me an eclectic mix of books to read and review. I can't say there's been a dull moment yet. One of my main goals for this year will be to knock some of the long-suffering books on my TBR list. I've been sneaking pages here or there, but not enough to actually finish them. That makes me feel sad.

On a happier note, the winter's given my muse a kick in the butt. I recently discovered a cache of stories that I began years ago. I don't know where I was going with about half of them, but the others still grabbed my attention. So, I gathered them up and have systematically typed them up to work through later. Only one of them gave me pause. It was the novel I'd been writing during the NaNoWriMo that my brother passed. My heart still hurts when I read through it, so I'm unsure how much I can actually work on it.


Wondering what comes next in these;
The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 1: The Death of Innocents (Children of Sophista #1) by Rusty Biesele
Jackfish Reborn by Rejean Giguere
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Say You Will (Summerhill Book 1) by Kate Perry
The Resurrection Maker by Glenn Cooper
Prince Lestat by Anne Rice 


Sorry to see these leave me;
Queen Mab by Kate Danley


Now that we're moving into February, I'm hoping that the worst of the winter weather is behind us. However, I have a sneaky suspicion that Mr. Snow is waiting for us to let our guards down before he dumps on us once again. We'll have to wait and see, I suppose. For now I hope you all are safe, warm and cozy with lots of books!

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment