Sunday, October 5, 2014

October's Hopes and Dreams

My favorite month has finally arrived! The crispness of the air, longer and cooler nights, and change in foliage makes me smile. It's the time of year when I find my imagination more ready to work than any other time of year. I'm not exactly sure as to why. Maybe it's how the night seems darker than usual. Maybe it's the drop in temperatures that make those nights perfect for snuggling - with a good book, of course. Either way, I'm so very happy to be entering this month with a spirit of anticipation and acceptance to whatever my imagination brings my way.

This month is so crammed full of books, projects and real life events. I'm happy to say that I have a lot of wonderful books from each genre ready to go on the TBR pile. I can't wait to dig in to each and every one of them. My crochet project for the Brown-Brooks Project will be coming to a close toward the end of the month. We're still collecting granny squares until the very end of the month. These squares will then be turned into afghans or lap-blankets for the residents a local nursing home.

And my writing - well, I'm hoping that my muse will be back from vacation soon. I actually miss writing very much. I still find myself with the beginnings of stories or individual scenes written on scraps of paper. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to turn those into anything novel-length as of yet. I've edited the first half of NaNoWriMo2012. There's now an issue where the beginning chapter can't be the first chapter because it throws the story off more than helps. That means there's definitely more to be done in the coming days - if my muse plays nice with me.

This is my October in a nutshell. What do you look forward to the most this time of year? Is it something pumpkin-spiced? Let me know in the comments below.

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment