Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Currently Reading

So glad the past seven days are done. It's been a stressful time here, to say the least. I'm grateful for the chance to work through the next seven days, but I sure could have used a pause button in the past week. Between the news of an unexpected death in the family and health issues, I've been set back once again in my quests for 2014. I will not be denied! I will either get these crossed off my to-do list or come really close. That's what I keep telling myself.

As we near the end of September, my thoughts are already turning toward November. No, I'm not going to be putting up Christmas decorations early. I love Halloween too much to skip it. I'm excited for the chance to join thousands, if not millions, of others in another NaNoWriMo! If you're not familiar with this yearly event, it's essentially a huge write-along in which people try to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. Check out www.nanowrimo.org for more details.


Hello there, books at the top of the list!
The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 1: The Death of Innocents (Children of Sophista #1) by Rusty Biesele
Jackfish Reborn by Rejean Giguere
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Spear Hunter (Northland Chronicles #2) by Henry J. Olsen
Say You Will (Summerhill Book 1) by Kate Perry


Goodbye, finished books.
If Only I Could Sleep: A Survivor's Memoir by Stephanie Henry


The end of the year is often a bittersweet mix for me. I love the holidays, but they remind me of those I've lost. I'm trying to stay positive this year. Time to focus on goals - completing my crochet projects, finish revising my novel and get closer to my reading goal for the year. What's your goals for the year?

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment