Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Currently Reading

I'm so confused by the weather! It's supposed to be September but it's been a hot and muggy start to the month. I almost thought it was still August for a moment or two. Can you tell that I'm excited for snuggling, crisp nights, and Halloween? I do believe Fall is becoming my favorite time of year.

After a few bumps in the road, I think I'm on the mend. I've kicked the reading into medium-high gear so I hope to catch up with all the ones on my list soon. Each of the projects have been progressing forward. I'm grateful for that. It simply feels good to back doing what brings me joy - reading. I've truly felt worse for not being able to read at my usual pace for the previous months. With every page under my belt, I do feel better.

I'm also happy to announce that the crochet project for my Brown-Brooks Project has already reached their goal of 500 granny squares! These will be used to create blankets for the residents of a local nursing home. There is still plenty of time to participate as the drive continues until the end of October 2014. There's currently enough to create 20 blankets, but that only covers half the residents on one hallway. I have faith the stitching will continue.


Must finish these books!
The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 1: The Death of Innocents (Children of Sophista #1) by Rusty Biesele
Jackfish Reborn by Rejean Giguere
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Prime Deception by Carys Jones
Spear Hunter (Northland Chronicles #2) by Henry J. Olsen
All We Had by Annie Weatherwax


Knocked off my list are;
Guilt by Degrees (Rachel Knight #2) by Marcia Clark
Killer Ambition (Rachel Knight #3) by Marcia Clark


With the weather still warm and muggy, it's not sweater weather here yet. I'm looking forward to sitting on my porch with my blanket and a good book (or my laptop) with me. What are you looking forward to the most this month?

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment