Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Currently Reading

My hopes to devour some lovely books this past week were dashed by so many things. I feel lucky to have gotten the few hours of reading in between all the other things going on last week. While my reading may have suffered, I was able to do a lot of writing on some short stories and a bit of editing done on NaNo2012. The other projects are sitting here, staring at me with evil intent and longing in their eyes. They don't think I see it, but I do.

Of course, the weather's been a big factor in things getting done around here. We've had some hot, humid and stormy weather. Some days it's too much to sit and read in a room without air conditioning. Rain, thunder and lightning have all conspired to keep me from working a lot, especially when the power goes out. That's why I love my printed books. I read anything in print or e-book format. No electricity means no e-books after a while!


This week I'm reading;
The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 1: The Death of Innocents (Children of Sophista #1) by Rusty Biesele
Jackfish Reborn by Rejean Giguere
Bones of My Brother by L. Frank Dunkin
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
The Sentinel: The Sundering, Book V by Troy Denning


I've been able to finish the following;
Wool (Silo #1a) by Hugh Howey


Unfortunately, there is a family situation here which requires some of my devoted attention. Combining that with the Independence Day holiday coming up and it's just time to take a vacation. I will not be posting until next Wednesday in order to get things in order here. Sometimes life reorganizes itself when you think you've got it all figured out.

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment