Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Currently Reading

Another week done!

Not nearly enough time for me to spend reading this past week. So many projects going on at one time, I've been spreading myself thin between all of them. I am hopeful to get one or two completed soon to focus more attention on the books. There's a void that only books can fill. I must have them!

The community project for the Brown-Brooks Project this year involves making various granny squares and putting them together as afghans. These afghans will then be distributed to the residents of a local nursing home. It's a way to show them that someone out there still thinks of them and loves them. Many residents have family and friends who visit them, but too many don't. That saddens me. A group of volunteers around the country and myself have been stitching away to get as many squares as possible before the end of October 2014. Our goal is 500 squares, but we'd love to surpass that. If you're interested in helping, please leave a comment below or send an email to kaybrooks1977@gmail.com for more information.


Looking to work on these books:
The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 1: The Death of Innocents (Children of Sophista #1) by Rusty Biesele
Fire-Heart (Tales of Alterra, The World That Is #2) by C.S. Marks
The Reaver: The Sundering, Book IV by Richard Lee Byers
Jackfish Reborn by Rejean Giguere
Fractal Standard Time (Chronopticus Chronicles #1) by Michael Galloway 



Gone from the pile:
None.

Now, time to get busy and get back to these books. I miss them. How long can you stand to go without reading something? Let me know below!

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment