Sunday, June 7, 2015

June's Hopes and Dreams

Welcome to June, everyone!

Here, the days grow warmer as the days last longer before handing over control to the night. If I'm to be honest, I'm not looking forward to the really hot days that will appear later in the month. I will have to find a way to adapt to them once again so that I can enjoy a bit of sunshine in the mornings.

The good thing about the summer is that I usually get a lot of reading done. I am positive the trend will continue as I've been able to conquer nearly half of the books I've been behind in reading. It makes me feel bad when I see them sitting quietly in their corner, covers pleading to be opened and the words waiting to be devoured. The anxiety an author feels while waiting for reviews - I've been on both sides of the coin. So, I try my best to finish them as soon as I can.

Setting aside my community projects for the month, I'm devoting more time to my writing. I've been having a lot of ideas and partial beginnings float around in this brain of mine. It's my goal to get them on paper and see where they take me at the very least. If I'm able to have a great month, I am going to do that and finishing editing a few pieces. A few contests have caught my attention. I might give them a chance. Never know unless I try, right?

What's your summer reading list looking like this year?  Romance? Action?  Let me know in the comments below.

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment