Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Currently Reading

Days have a way of becoming routine. No matter how you switch the order of activities, they still feel like the same old thing. That's one of the reasons I love this blog so much. All these books allow me the chance to slip away from the routine and enter into the skin of someone else, experience their day and come back to my world when I need to do something else. With the season shifting into summer, I'll be spending more time inside than I'd like. Perfect way to escape is to crawl inside these books.

A wide range of worlds await my arrival. From the straight-laced society of the 1800s to the wild unknowns of a world where magic still rules supreme, I'm able to escape the pain and monotony of my everyday life. Time to dust off these printed books, scour their every page and file them away on my bookshelf or lend to another home. My poor Kindle groans under the weight of so many books. I need to pay some attention to it as well.


Shading my eyes from the Summer sun are;
Jackfish Reborn by Rejean Giguere
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Say You Will (Summerhill Book 1) by Kate Perry
Prince Lestat by Anne Rice
Trail of the Torean (Saga of the God-Touched Mage #2) by Ron Collins
My Life in a Nutshell: A Novel by Tanya J. Peterson


Resting beneath the shade trees are;
Ravensbruck: Life and Death in Hitler's Concentration Camp for Women by Sarah Helm
Dark Prayer by Natasha Mostert


Summer brings a vast number of possibilities with it. What are you looking forward to the most this year?

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment