Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Currently Reading

Summer heat is now here, bringing its best friend, humidity, with it. Perfect reason to stay indoors and catch up on my reading list. So far, I've actually been able to knock some of these off the TBR without adding more to the bottom. Of course, that will change soon as I'm looking forward to some new selections arriving at my doorstep.

The past month has been a barren one in the writing department. I thought I had a good short story ready for this local contest, but the finished story wasn't something that I felt right about entering. Editing my other works hasn't fared any better. It's almost as though my writing mojo left for some sunny beach resort, leaving me here with a bunch of dark, gloomy days. I hope it comes back soon and sticks around for more than a day or two.


Cracking the covers of the following;
Jackfish Reborn by Rejean Giguere
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Say You Will (Summerhill Book 1) by Kate Perry
Prince Lestat by Anne Rice
Ask the Dark by Henry Turner
Go Down Hard by Craig Faustus Buck


Saying goodbye to these (for now);
Trail of the Torean (Saga of the God-Touched Mage #2) by Ron Collins
Near Death by Glenn Cooper


This year seems to be the year of book series and stepping out of my genre comfort zone. Neither of those are things I do on a regular basis. Combined with all my other ups and downs this year, I have to admit that 2015 is looking like a year of change and exploration - in good ways, of course.

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment