Sunday, May 3, 2015

May's Hopes and Dreams

Now, May comes walking into the world. Flowers of many colors, birds singing their songs of joy and mating and green grass are everywhere I look. From my screened porch I can watch the world and all it as everything and everyone go about their daily business. Sometimes these serene scenes prompt me to pick up my pen and dash down a few lines or an idea that needs more expansion later. This is the time of year when my writing takes a positive path whereas the darker side of myself and humanity comes out during the winter.

Last month I attended a local writer's conference where I learned a lot of valuable information. Initially, I was excited for only two of the speakers because they were set to speak about subjects I'd wondered about. After sitting through all of their presentations, I came home with several pages filled with notes that I put to immediate use. There are many avenues opening up for those who dream of being author, but you still have to do the work. No matter if you're wanting to publish yourself or go through the traditional route with publishers, there's still plenty of blood, sweat and tears to put into it.

As for me, the month of May will be one for catching up with my reading schedule and pushing myself to finish rewriting NaNo2012. Not sure if I will send it off to others as of yet, but I will have it completed and read by Beta readers. My crochet and community projects are making progress. Though it's only an hour or two a day, I'm getting caught up all the way around. I'm hoping to spend more time with my writing. We'll just have to wait and see what real life has in store during the month.

Hope your month of May is filled with beauty, spring and so much color!

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment