Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Currently Reading

Just when I think my life will become boring so that I can get to my long-suffering TBR list, an adventure reared its head. We had a pretty intense storm earlier this week that knocked out our power. Leave it to me to be stuck in a doctor's office with no lights. I am praying that the appointments toward the end of the week don't have such an adventure awaiting me.

Trying to keep up with my book goal for the year and maintaining 1k word minimum on my own works are becoming difficult with all these health issues. I keep typing those words and reading those pages, but some days it feels like I'm only treading water. The encouragement from my supporters has helped to keep me going. On to the next book and the next challenge, I say! With that in mind, I'm pushing myself to read at least two books a week from here on out. There's also a short story contest that I may have an entry or two ready for in the next few days.


Feeling the weight of these words;
Jackfish Reborn by Rejean Giguere
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Say You Will (Summerhill Book 1) by Kate Perry
Prince Lestat by Anne Rice
The Great Zoo of China by Matthew Reilly

Moving on to greener pastures are;
Fire Heart (Broken Bottle #2) by Pamela Taeuffer


This week is also an exciting week for me because it's the third year anniversary of this blog! Through all the ups and downs with my health and other real life issues, this blog has always been a source of happiness and joy whenever I connect with a reader or a budding author. Can't wait to see what the next year brings to us here at Confessions of a Word Addict. A huge THANK YOU goes out to each of you, dear readers!

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment