Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Currently Reading

Lot of doctor appointments this week put a damper on my reading plans. However, the books are piling up to the ceiling, so I have to keep reading. The fire department would be citing me if my house was filled with all the books I'm waiting to read. Thank goodness for the library and Kindle! The only ways I can have over 2,000 books sitting on a shelf.

This past week has been a flurry of stolen moments and quick hits of words. No more than thirty minutes to spare at a time, I've tried to sneak in some reading to knock down that TBR list as well as some editing on NaNo2012. It's coming along at a steady pace. I'm starting to find a rhythm to the story. It's much easier to imagine what's going to happen next now. I've even twisted one of the characters a little more to add another chapter. I am starting to like this bad guy.


Spending time with these;
Jackfish Reborn by Rejean Giguere
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Say You Will (Summerhill Book 1) by Kate Perry
Prince Lestat by Anne Rice
Fire Heart (Broken Bottle #2) by Pamela Taeuffer


Letting these books move on;
The Bullet: A Novel by Mary Louise Kelly
Mom on the Road: A Novel by Allyson Ochs Primack


Trying to keep a positive outlook on all the news I've received this past week is much harder than I expected. The books helped me to forget the troubles, even for a small break. Now, it's back to the grind for a bit. How do books get you through tough times?

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment