Monday, March 2, 2015

Blog Post - Update

The last couple of weeks have been particularly trying here in my neighborhood. The weather's been a roller coaster of highs and lows that keep the weatherman guessing. Not only has the weather increased the amount of cabin fever we've felt, but now it seems as though sore throats and coughing are the norm as well.

Along with all the possible sickness to fight, last week brought a broken furnace. We attempted to get a replacement before the end of the weekend, but no one had the one we needed in stock. The company ordered the necessary parts, put them on expedited or rush shipping, and delivery time was still Monday. Subzero temperatures nearly froze us Friday and Saturday. I was thankful to wake up Sunday morning and see possible 50F temps for Monday or Tuesday.

This mini-vacation from my books and the blog has left me restless and out of place. Now I'm back in my favorite reading spot. My Kindle is fired up and ready to give me a dose of another world. Maybe it's some place warm with wonderful ocean breezes to lull me to sleep later tonight. Or a grand adventure to keep me from thinking about that white stuff on the ground now.

Many thanks to all those who have continued to stop by the blog as well as those who checked on me the past couple of weeks. It means a lot to me that you all care! Now, I hope this means we can get back to the schedule this week. I better get reading!

Until next time,
Kay B


No comments:

Post a Comment