Sunday, January 5, 2014

January's Hopes and Dreams

Yay! A new year!

To be honest, I'm very ready for a new year. Last year was filled with some pretty awesome good times. Unfortunately, I also had some deep low times as well. I'm so very thankful to have this blog  and my readers! I know the few of you are out there. I want you to know that I do appreciate each and every one of you so very much!

I'm hoping that this month will be a low-key one where I can get a lot of books knocked off my TBR pile. I have a lot of them thanks to some sweet deals I've found over the last few months. Of course, I need to finish my original goal of rereading all the books currently on my bookshelves and deciding which are to be kept and donated. There's so many books and so little time!

Of course, I'm still writing. Beginnings of four stories/novels and almost 2 completed short stories are up to be revised/polished. NaNo2012 was on the back burner for a bit. It's now on the front burner and I'm hopeful to have it revised before the end of February. Next step will be to have a few beta-readers go through it before I send it off. I don't want to have overwhelmingly huge plot holes. That's my biggest fear with this project.

Since the hats/scarves were a big hit for the Brown-Brooks Project, we're looking to do that again in 2015. For 2014, we're going to be collecting various granny squares to create afghans. Not sure if it's been decided as to whether they'll go to the local nursing home residents or where right now. I believe it may be them or the kids of the behavior center. I'll keep you all updated!

Here's to having a much better year. I truly hope the year brings brighter, happier days to all of you.
Until next time,
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment