Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Currently Reading

The past seven days were not the kindest to me. I am greatly relieved that they've shared their moments and have left me behind. I had to deal with the news of a dear friend's very unexpected passing and the fact he lived many miles away from me. Saying your goodbyes to someone special when you can't be near them is difficult, to say the least. However, he definitely was one of the people who wouldn't want others to mourn for him too long, so I am trying to soldier through.

I wasn't able to devour many books this week because of the news and also my health took a turn for the worse. Now that I'm on the mend, I'm trying to make up for the lost time. Good news is that many of the upcoming books in my TBR pile look delightfully good!


Devouring these books this week:
The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 1: The Death of Innocents (Children of Sophista #1) by Rusty Biesele
The Law of Second Chances (Jack Tobin #2) by James Sheehan
The Innocent Sleep: A Novel by Karen Perry
A White Wind Blew: A Novel of Waverly Hills by James Markert
Twelve Nation: Book of Epoch by Michael Reiss


Finished these in short order:
Aimless Love: New and Selected Poems by Billy Collins
Elfhunter (Tales of Alterra, The World That Is #1) by C.S. Marks


A bit of wonderful news! I've been given clearance to hold my very first book giveaway! In a little over a week, I will be reviewing a very compelling book. The story lingered long after I had finished it. I was happy to learn that I will be given the chance to give a signed copy of the book to one lucky winner! More details in next week's post but be on the lookout! It's going to be an exciting week!

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment