Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Currently Reading

What a way to start off January! It's been so cold here that I've been trapped beneath several blankets for the past two days. The only time my feet hit the floor was when I needed a bathroom break! I am so happy to see that the rest of the week will be in the 30 - 40 F range. Of course, all this extreme weather had my mind thinking about how people survived such periods of time one, two and even three centuries ago.

An exciting note for my readers! I have had some wonderful opportunities to read advanced copies of several books. Having finished one of them, I was recently contacted and asked if I'd like to host a giveaway for a free copy. Once I finish working out the plans, I will post my first ever book giveaway! I'm really excited by the venture. It's another small step up this book ladder of mine.


At the forefront of the TBR pile:
The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 1: The Death of Innocents (Children of Sophista #1) by Rusty Biesele
Elfhunter (Tales of Alterra, The World That Is #1) by C.S. Marks
Aimless Love: New and Selected Poems by Billy Collins
The Law of Second Chances (Jack Tobin #2) by James Sheehan
The Innocent Sleep by Karen Perry

Vanquished from the pile forever:
Pigs Can't Swim: A Memoir by Helen Peppe
Etched on Me: A Novel by Jenn Crowell


With plenty of time on my hands as I recover, I'm attempting to work through a lot of my TBR pile. One of my goals for the year is to read 120 books. If the increase in books continues, I may have to increase my posting schedule. We'll cross that bridge when we need to.

Do you have a reading goal for the year? If so, what is it. Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

Until next time,
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment