Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October's Hopes and Dreams

Yes, I'm late.

I thought I had gotten this post scheduled but looking through the list proved otherwise. It's been so busy the past few weeks that it honestly slipped my mind. The community project's deadline is creeping closer. Less than two weeks to go before we have to begin washing/packaging all of the hats and scarves for delivery. I'm really happy that we managed to get the minimum goal met so that each child can have a set. I'm hoping for a few more sets before the deadline but we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Because of the community project, my reading has really slacked off. I'm not happy about it. Aside from sneaking a few minutes here or there, there's not enough time for me to devour all of my books on my TBR list. Believe me, that list grows every day! With so many time consuming things about to take place in the next few months, I'm not sure that I'll be able to do more than hit my reading goal this year.

NaNoWriMo is on the horizon and I can't wait. This year I have a close friend who is trying it out for the first time. Between everything going on in November, I'm sure that she'll have her story finished before I'm done with mine. I do have my idea and some notes on the characters compiled for when I start. Can't wait!

As far as this month goes, I don't believe that I'll get a lot of writing done. I've been going back and reworking some older material while waiting for the publishing details on the anthology. Seriously can't wait to get a copy of it! Now, I need to get my behind in gear and get that novel reworked!

Hope everyone has an awesome, safe October. Enjoy Halloween!
Until next time,
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment