Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Currently Reading

Wow! What a week!

These past seven days have been jam-packed with all kinds of things going on that I'm surprised to have finished any books! Firstly, my Marine Corp kiddo returned home from Japan. He'll be here for another week or so before he goes back. It's been over a year since I've laid eyes on him and I'm very grateful to have him around.

Secondly, the Brown-Brooks Project finished their first every handmade gift project last Friday. We were able to collect 63 hat/scarf sets to pass out to the children of our local behavioral center. I'm so glad to be a part of that project and am really looking forward to next year's collection project!

Lastly, preparations for my family's annual Halloween Remembrance dinner and NaNoWriMo always coincide. Each year my family has a dinner where we take time to remember those who have left us while we give thanks for the harvest of the year. Kind of like an early Thanksgiving, in a way. After all the food's put away and the door's locked up tight, my work on NaNo begins at the stroke of midnight. I was able to complete the challenge last year. I'm hoping to repeat this year.


To vanquish from the TBR pile;
Pandemic by Scott Sigler
Night Film by Marisha Pessl
Mama Rose's Turn by Carolyn Quinn


Conquered these titles:
Relatively Risky (The Big Uneasy Book 1) by Pauline Baird Jones
DreamWeaver by Rejean Giguere


Hope that whatever you do on Halloween, you have a safe and wonderful time. I look forward to sharing my NaNoWriMo updates with you and hope to see some from you out there as well.

Until next time,
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment