Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Currently Reading

I cannot tell you how happy I am to not be sick this past week. Of course, I have my run of the mill worries, but nothing like the ickyness that I had the past few weeks. Being free of the crud, I was able to make a small dent in the pile of books. Hopefully the trend continues for the next few days.

The later half of the year looks to be an extremely busy one in this house. Not only are the books an ever present priority, but I have the end of the charity project coming up. The deadline is the last week of October so that we have time to sew in any tails and launder the hats and scarves before giving them to the children at the Behavioral Center in early November.

November 1st is also the start of NaNoWriMo. If you're unfamiliar with what that is, it's where people all over the world take the month of November to write 50,000 (or more) of a novel. I have attempted it many times, succeeding only twice. This year just might be the third. You can visit the NaNoWriMo website for more information by clicking the link ( www.nanowrimo.org) and signing up is free.


Working through these books:
Her Last Breath by Linda Castillo
The Haunted Hikikomori by Lawrence Pearce
Beautiful Whispers by Alice Ayden

Conquered these:
The First Rule of Swimming by Courtney Angela Brkic
A Familiar Fate by Hope McLaren
Blood Flats by Edward Trimnell 
A History of Stone and Steel by Christopher Fisher


Hearing the groaning of my Kindle app tells me that I may have to spend some extra time reading these e-books that I've been collecting. So, readers, what books are you working on this week?

Until next time,
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment