Sunday, February 2, 2014

February's Hopes and Dreams

I'm ready for whatever February holds for me. Last month was such a bittersweet month as I lost a dear friend, celebrated birthdays and remembered a beloved sibling who passed nearly a decade ago. January also saw growth in the blog's visitors, more pages of NaNo2012 edited and a half dozen poems written. And yet, I am hoping that February is filled with more strides in the wordy department.

I have been blessed with a huge TBR pile that I'm focusing more time and energy on this month. I honestly didn't think it was going to be a problem to read and review the books. I did that anyway without having this blog. However, my usual way of reading had to be modified. Now I have a schedule with a list. Organization, for the win! Hopefully, it will also help the turnaround time for the reviews.

Still finding it hard to revise/edit my novels, I have also made the decision to focus on doing only a few pages at a time. I start to feel overwhelmed by everything and worry I'll completely muck it up. That line of thinking usually ends with me chucking it out of my sight for a long time. I'm hoping to change things this year by taking baby steps. So I edit one or two pages at a time and then a break.

The only other thing on the docket for this month is continuing to work with the Brown-Brooks Project on my "off" days. This year, the project is doing a granny square collection drive in order to create blankets. I'm hopeful that the blankets will be given to the residents of a local nursing home but still awaiting permission to do so.

And with all this, it's time to get busy. Hope this month brings you all many productive days. What goals are you working to finish this month? Let me know in the comments below!

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment