Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Currently Reading

And now we entered September, the realm of cooler temperatures and Friday football games! In this area there is a great rivalry between two high schools. Their first meeting on the football field ended with my old school winning. Now the heat is on for the next time they meet. These hometown clashes bring the community together even as the people stood on different sidelines. It's a weird thing to see, but watching how people react can inspire stories or novels. Every human interaction is fodder for the author's pen.

I'm still more behind on my TBR list than I'd like to be at this moment in time. I do feel happy that I'm making progress instead of staying stagnate. Alongside the pages I've devoured, I've also picked up a few hundred words on something that's not NaNo2012. I feel bad for that poor novel of mine, but I reached a point where I can't figure out what's going to happen next without forcing the story into a mold. That might ruin the story. I don't want to take the chance that I'll ruin everything I've worked so hard to achieve with the novel.


So far, I'm reading;
Jackfish Reborn by Rejean Giguere
Say You Will (Summerhill Book 1) by Kate Perry
Prince Lestat by Anne Rice
Those Secrets We Keep by Emily Liebert
Dark Hope by Monica McGurk


Book(s) Finished:
The Sacred Flame: A Novel by Nanette Littlestone


With the cooler temperatures, I find myself snuggling on the couch with a blanket and printed books more than using my Kindle. Is this the time of year when your reading picks up? Or do you still pick up the books whenever, wherever you can?

Until next time,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment