Sunday, May 11, 2014

May's Hopes and Dreams

The last month of spring brings a hearty bloom of all things green, animals multiply and around my neck of the words, storms creep through during the afternoon. Not to be deterred, I have a lot planned for the month of May. So much to do, I have to keep lists near me at all times so I don't forget a single thing!

I'm sure everyone's heard the news or read the previous posts by now. In case you haven't, May is also the anniversary of this blog, Confessions of a Word Addict. Began as a hobby to keep a record of what I thought of each book I've read, I can safely say that it's turned into an amazing experience and has brought a lot of awesome, interesting and talented people into my life. It has also opened doors to genres of books that I may not have read otherwise. I'm happy and grateful to have this blog.

My writing hasn't been as frequent as I want. In fact, it's been on the back burner until last week when I began working on some things to "get back on the horse," so to speak. Because of some real life issues, much of what I wrote was dark and I didn't want to be in that mode all the time. I know I have to let myself pour all of it out before I can get back to work on NaNo2012 or anything else.

In the meantime, I have plenty of crocheting to do when I'm not reading. The Brown-Brooks Project is collecting granny squares to piece together and give to nursing home residents in our local area. Our main goal for this year is 500 squares. We're a little over halfway there with plenty of time until the end of the collection period in October. Then we'll be piecing together the afghans and hope to deliver them in early 2015.

The past year has definitely been filled with some pretty big highs and some really bad lows. I know that's how this thing called life works, but I wish it was a bit more even. Maybe for a little while so I might accomplish a few extra things on my various lists. However, I'm going to push through the low times to make the next year here a great one. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for coming along with me. It means a lot to me. Here's to another year at CoWA.

Until next,
Kay B

No comments:

Post a Comment